Kormaran Transforming Tender: Catamaran
Kormaran Transforming Tender: Bathingmode
Kormaran Transforming Tender: Flightmode (foil)
Update: They actually built the boat!
Even Optimus Prime would be jealous of what project Kormaran is cooking up now. Its new design morphs into six different boat styles.
– Flightmode (turns into a foiling vessel)
– Bathingmode (turns into a leisure craft)
– Nightmode (turns into overnight boat)
Carbon fiber, teak, stainless steel, titanium and fine leather are being used to build this at-sea chameleon, which should come as no surprise considering the project is backed by German car Magnate Daniell Porsche.
It’s been reported that the prototype vessel will launch off Porto Montenegro on June 3.
– 2007: Ideas and Visions
– 2009: Patents, Market Analysis and Location Study
– 2010: Company Founded in Salzburg
– 2011: Start of Engineering, First Design
– 2012: Buildup of Prototype 1 (Proof of Concept)
– 2013: First Trials of Prototype 1: Transformation, hydrofoils Engineering and Design of Prototype 2 (Carbon Fiber)
– 2014: Buildup of Prototype 2 (World Premiere)
You can watch the video below starting at 1:36 to see some of the transformations in motion.