Delta 54 IPS
If you haven’t heard of yacht builder Delta Powerboats, then you’re about to be surprised. The Swedish builder has just introduced a line of all-carbon sport and cruising motoryachts in North, Central and South America. The importer is Miami-based Chapman Ducote, and the first models available for purchase are the 54 IPS and 88 IPS.
Here are five reasons we think they’re worth a look:
• The 54 IPS is marketed as the world’s first large, all-carbon production boat.
• Power options on the 54 IPS include triple 435-horsepower Volvo IPS 600s, which drive a 32.5-knot cruising speed while burning just 46 gallons of fuel per hour. That drops to 9 gph at a 10-knot cruise.
• The 88 IPS takes things up a notch with triple Volvo Penta IPS 1200s generating a 39-knot top hop. Sea trials are still underway, but the builder says early results indicate fuel burn up to 40 percent less than on similar-size yachts.
• On both models, the Volvo Penta’s IPS system includes joystick control for easy maneuvering in close quarters.
• Interiors on both yachts are semi-custom. Standard arrangements on the 54 IPS include three guest cabins, while the 88 IPS has four.
Sea trials of the Delta 54 IPS are available immediately. Learn more at www.deltapowerboats.us.