The North Fork of Long Island, with its natural beauty and quaint villages, has been a long time cruising destination for yachtsmen. With beaches for swimming and catching some rays, sprawling vineyards to walk through, and bike trails a-plenty, there is much to do when your sea legs need a break. Or, if your vacation dreams drift to sitting back and sampling the vineyard’s product while having dinner at an elegant restaurant, the North Fork can oblige. For yachtsmen cruising in Long Island Sound, the North Fork is a stop you shouldn’t miss. Here are some places to get you dockside during your visit.
1. Brick Cove Marina (631) 477-0830 Sage Blvd., Southold, NY www.brickcove.com
2. Claudio’s Marina Main Street, Greenport, NY (631) 477-0355 www.claudios.com
3. Great Peconic Bay Marina Washington Avenue, South Jamesport, NY (631) 722-3565 www.greatpeconicbaymarina.com
4. Larry’s Lighthouse Marina Meeting House Creek Rd, Aquebogue, NY (631) 722-3400 www.lighthousemarina.com
5. Port of Egypt Marine Main Road, Southold, NY (631) 765-2445 www.poemarine.com
6. Strong’s Marine, LLC Camp Mineola Road, Mattituck, NY (631) 298-4770 www.strongsmarine.com