By the 1950s Huckins had moved to its current location on the Ortega River in Jacksonville, Florida, but the future of the family business was in doubt. Huckins’ son, Pembroke, had tried to work with his father but the two never sorted out a relationship. It would be Huckins’ stepson, the late Ken Archibald (Purcell’s father), who carried the torch through the 1960s and 1970s. When Huckins passed away in 1951, George Pillsbury (who had helped build hull No. 1) managed the shop, and Ray Teller guarded the secrets of the Quadraconic hull form, developed by Bob Steward, whom Teller had brought aboard to handle engineering.