Ocean Alexander 100
Ocean Alexander introduced its 100-foot motoryacht at the recent Fort Lauderdale International Boat Show.
She is a fiberglass design built with vinylester resin and high-density structural foam, which provides the kind of thermal and acoustic insulation normally found only on yachts 120 feet and larger, according to the builder. Other new-for-2014 features include:
- Enlarged windows custom engineered with aluminum beams and sandwiched glass to allow 28-percent better visibility than on previous designs.
- Interior and exterior pilot stations and “floating” display pods by Evan K. Marshall, who used materials such as Ultraleather and metallic silver to enhance the skipper’s experience at the helm.
- Interior ceiling panels that are removable and finished with diamond-faceted edging for a sharp, tailored look.
- Lower foyer and master bathrooms featuring stainless-steel inserts and water-jet-cut granite.
- A fresh-air system that filters clean air from outdoors into the lower staterooms.
- Shower doors custom-made for Ocean Alexander. They have granite and marble frames, and feature “crystal clear” glass for superior transparency.
- Stowage on the flybridge deck that is increased by 54 percent thanks to additional lockers to port and starboard.
The standard layout includes four guest staterooms plus crew quarters. Standard power is a pair of 3,850 Caterpillar C-32 Acert engines.
If you missed the Ocean Alexander 100 at the Fort Lauderdale show, learn more at www.oceanalexander.com.