Yeah, we know, they won’t fit under the tree, but you can’t blame us for asking.
December 24, 2013
Tis the season to be asking for presents until you’re as red in the face as Santa is in the cheeks, and we here at Yachting are happy to take part in the wishing and begging. With so many interesting new boats and products introduced this year, our list has grown quite long. Here are our top five asks for this Christmas:
• A new Sunseeker. Any new Sunseeker. We see no need to be picky. We are happy to love the Manhattan 55, the 68 Sport Yacht and the 80 Sport Yacht equally, especially if Santa brings us one of each.
• A charter aboard Twilight. This new Oyster 125 is now the builder's flagship model and just became available for vacation bookings in the Caribbean. Talk about sailing in style. Would it be too much if we asked for a tandem charter with Oyster's new 100 and 88.5 models, too?
• A ride on Azzam. We don't need to own the world's largest superyacht. We just want to know how it feels to top 30 knots aboard a 590-foot Lürssen. You know, while standing in a main salon that's bigger than our entire house.
• A Raymarine Lighthouse II chartplotter. Anything we can see, swipe and control like our smartphone would make life on the water a heck of a lot easier.
• A set of tickets to the next America’s Cup. This year’s excitement, with flying and flipping catamarans, has us breathless about the next battle. Please, Santa, please, don’t wait us make another year!