Trying to go green? Look for environmentally friendly boat products! There are more on the shelves than ever before, and West Marine will recognize new innovations in this field with its third annual Green Product of the Year Award.
Geoff Eisenberg, the CEO of West Marine, stated in a press release, “West Marine strives to be a leader in sustainability. We hope to inspire the marine industry to create environmentally friendly products to preserve and protect the oceans and waterways that we all enjoy.”
The Green Product of the Year will be announced at the 2012 Miami International Boat Show, where the award of $10,000 will be presented to the designated Official Winner.
The panel of judges includes:
• Dr. Randy Kochevar, PhD, Stanford University’s Hopkins Marine Station
• Stan Honey, Ocean Racing Navigator, founder of Etak and SportVision
• Bill Lee, Owner, Wizard Yacht Sales
• Jim Leishman, Owner & VP of Nordhavn Yachts
• Dr. Laura Strohm, President of Strohm Sustainability Consulting
• Margaret Podlich, VP of Government Affairs, BoatUS
• Mike Sutton, VP and Director, Center for the Future of the Oceans, Monterey Bay Aquarium
• Randy Repass, Chairman and Founder, West Marine
• Chuck Hawley, VP of Product Information, West Marine
• Ron Japinga, EVP Merchandising & Logistics, West Marine
For more information, visit westmarine.com/green. The contest runs from August 17, 2011 to December 1, 2011.