West Marine is accepting entries for its fifth-annual Green Product of the Year contest. Anybody can enter, including individuals, manufacturers, distributors and hobby inventors. The winner will be announced at February’s Miami International Boat Show, where a $10,000 prize will be awarded.
There is no entry fee. Products will be judged on six criteria:
• Effectiveness (how does it compare with other solutions?)
• Economy (how is it priced versus other solutions?)
• Environmental impact (how big of a difference does it make?)
• Degree of innovation (how different is it?)
• Timing (how new is it?)
• Verification of claims (has an independent third party vouched for it?)
Entries will be accepted through November 22. Learn more at www.westmarine.com/green.