Our September issue includes a look at the 228-foot superyacht Sherakhan, which is preparing for a world cruise that will begin this winter. The owner has suggested a list of popular charter locations where Sherakhan will be available—and where you can book a week onboard for 26 guests starting at a daily base rate of €55,000.
Here are 10 of our favorite options, all of which Sherakhan is scheduled to visit:
• Patagonia, which was named by Magellan (for natives that his crew thought were giants).
• Antarctica, which is twice the size of Australia and almost entirely covered in ice.
• Durban, a South African city that is home to the Natal Sharks rugby team and 56,000-seat stadium.
• Mahajanga, a seaport in Madagascar where the weather is virtually rain-free for about eight months each year.
• Myanmar, which is the world’s second-largest producer of opium.
• Kuala Lumpur, the capital of Malaysia and home to the world’s largest twin buildings, the 1,483-foot-tall Petronas Towers.
• Brunei, where alcohol is banned except for non-Muslims, who can bring their own to drink.
• Irian Jaya, also known as Papua, which includes Grasberg — the world’s largest gold mine.
• Fiji, which has more than 800 islands and islets sprawled across more than 7,000 square miles.
• Galapagos, where you can see lots of boobies.
Learn more about Sherakhan’s upcoming world charter options by clicking here.