The salon and galley are on the same level and the cockpit affords a great seating area. The stand-up engineroom allows for easy access for all critical maintenance areas and systems.
With dinner plans ashore, we left the boat for a leisurely stroll to the historic square-mile district known as Olde Towne. Colonel William Crawford dedicated the four corners of High and Court streets for a church, a market, a courthouse, and a jail on February 27, 1752.
The streets are lined with homes such as 320 Court, built around 1790 and considered to be the oldest in the city still in its original state. At 315 Court, we found a classic revivalstyle house that was occupied by Union General Benjamin "Spoons" Butler during the Civil War. He acquired the nickname after the mysterious disappearance of fine flatware whenever he "inspected" some of the local homes.
And at Washington and North Streets, there is a monument to Commandant Richard Dale who, after being captured no less than five times during the Revolutionary War, managed to escape every time. He was also first lieutenant under John Paul Jones aboard the Bonhomme Richard.
We had our fill of history, now it was time to satisfy other appetites: We dropped into Roger Brown's place on High Street right opposite the dazzlingly neon-lit, art deco-designed Commodore Theater. As the tasty chicken-wing and rib-bone piles grew higher, we lifted our glasses many times in friendly toasts.